Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Blackman's Auto Repair in Danbury
Auto AC & Heating Services
General Auto Repair Services
What People Say About Us
I trust the repair of my vintage car and my daily car to no one else! Family owned
business that treats their customers as family also!!
* Courteous and friendly greeting when you walk in the door. It's a responsible, family run business and it shows.
* They take the time to understand exactly what the issue is and explain what they will do.
* They called me during the day to tell me they needed a different part and explained the cost difference and asked if I still wanted to have that work done.
* Work was completed on schedule, on budget exactly as they described. They went over and explained all the work at the end. It's getting harder and harder to find family-run businesses with integrity that treat you with respect but Blackman's Auto Repair is one of them.
We have been customers of Blackman's Auto Repair for 15+ years and have had nothing but great service from them. Jim/T.J. ensure that the cars are serviced and if other repairs, such as check-in lights, tires, changing timing belts etc are needed they provide options so that the work can be completed at a reasonable cost.
In one of our cars there was a small oil leak in the engine and they advised us that there was a technical service bulletin (TSB) and this issue has come up and will/should be covered by GM. I brought to the dealer and they fixed it for free. This is an example of Blackman's service going above and beyond.
e have been very satisfied customers for many years. Great service, customer relations, and fair pricing. Wouldn't think of going anywhere else!!
Excellent work, good pricing may NOT be the cheapest but well worth it, and has a reputation for honesty and good advice. Can't go wrong here.